Plug-In vehicle advocacy and general information
- EAA Plug-in Hybrid Special Interest Group — develop and document the modifications needed to convert hybrid electric vehicles into a "plug in" hybrid. The goal is to make conversion plans available as well as a list of parts needed.
- PlugInAmerica — a coalition EV drivers, and clean air and energy independence advocates (PlugInAmerica is an affiliated organization ). This coalition advocates the use of plug-in cars, trucks and SUVs powered by cleaner, cheaper, domestic electricity to reduce our nation's dependence on petroleum and improve the global environment.
- CalCars — California Car Initiative to develop clean, efficient, and practical vehicles.
- Plug-in electric vehicle safety
- Electrification Coalition
- 10 things you didn't know about electric vehicles!
- Energy 101: Electric Vehicles VIDEO
- The Case for Electricity
- 5 Facts on Electric Cars
- State and Federal Incentives - Interactive Map
- NFPA EV Safety Field Guide
- Plug-in Electric Vehicle Resource Center
- BeFrugal Electric Car Calculator
- Clean Car Calculator
- My Plug-in Hybrid Calculator
- The eGallon - How Much Cheaper Is It To Drive On Electricity?
- Alternative Fuels Data Center Calculator
electric vehicle development
electric bikes, scooters, buses, boats, aircraft
- Electric Bikes.com
- Currie Technology Electric Bikes
- Pedego Electric Bikes
- OptiBike High-Performance Electric Bikes
- Electric Boat Association of the Americas
- Cloud Electric Vehicle
- Budsin Wood Craft (electric boats)
- Tamarack Lake Boats (electric boats)
- PropEle Electric Boat Motors
- Pipistrel Aircraft Taurus Electro
ev technology points
- EV Challenge
- Alternate Neighborhood Transportation
- Northern California Solar Energy Association
- Johnson Controls (Batteries)
- Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
- Vicor (Makes electronic components for use in EVs)
- Brusa (Switzerland. Makes electronics for vehicles and boats)
- Hawker Energy Products (Batteries)
- Unique Mobility (Motors & controllers)
- Prestolite (Motors)
- OPTIMA Lead-Acid Batteries
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District (search EV)
- Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- CEERT (Center for Energy Efficiency & Renewable Technologies)
- Institute For Transportation Studies (UC Davis)
- Twike (also Twike.US)
ev by make
Audi A3 Sportback e-tron website.
BMW i8 website.
Fiat e website.
Ford Focus official website.
Kia Soul EV website.
Mercedes Ben B-Class Electric website.
Mitsubishi e-MiEV website.
Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid website.
Smart electric cars website.
Tesla Motors website.
Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid
Volkswagen e-Golf website.